“Tech meet Theatre” is an event where makers from creative technology and theatre meet and make something. Bring something to experiment with – rapid prototyping and failures are highly encouraged outcomes. #TmeetT
Dates: Thursday 21st March 2019
+ (First Thursdays thereafter) 2nd May, 6th June, 4th July 2019 Due to unforeseen circumstances, the remaining Tech Meet Theatre are cancelled.
Venue: Theatre Deli Broadgate – Deli Studios, 2 Finsbury Avenue, London, EC2M 2PF, UK (near Liverpool Street/Moorgate) – link
Who is it for?
If you are interested in how humans physically interact with machines and technology, this event is probably for you:
- Creative technologists who make physical stuff where its interactive input is through not a screen. Physical computing is probably an area of your concern and your work involves sensors of some kind.
- Theatre makers who make performances in which audiences participate. Interactive and immersive are probably areas of your concern, even though you might hate the terms. “Theatre” loosely means text-based theatre, physical theatre, and dance.
This could be the first time you work with a theatre person / a tech person. Don’t worry too much. This is why we are here – to meet and to make.
It is also very important that the event is a welcoming place for all:
- Everyone participating must adhere to Blackwinged Creatives’ Events Code of Conduct.
- If you think there is something else that we could do that is not addressed here to enable your participation, require additional info, or need help, please do drop us a message email@example.com.
- Everyone who attends shall bring a piece of their work* and positive attitude**.
*This is for the “Let’s Meet” section of the evening: A piece of work is something that you create and show others, based on what you are good at. It does not have to be polished at all. For example, theatre makers, bring a script; dancers, a movement sketch; technologists, bring a prototype of an object and its software. Concepts alone, however, probably won’t work well.
** This is for the “Let’s Make” section of the evening: We will be doing rapid prototyping and sprints. We will probably fail. Your material will probably not be used, or if it is, will probably break and be appropriated and reshaped. Be prepared to let go.
- We provide a framework for collaboration, and lo-fi prototyping materials (
cardboards, marker pens, flipcharts, sticky notes).
1815-1900: Prepare (if you want to set up)
OR Arrivals (if you don’t need to set up)
1900-2000: Let’s Meet (includes introductions, show-and-tell, and initial clarifications)
2000-2100: Let’s Make (in 2 groups: brainstorms, rapid prototyping, mini sprints)
2100-2130: Wrap up (there is a bar and kitchen downstairs)
Tech meet Theatre is part of Theatre Deli Broadgate’s FlexiSpace Programme.